The regulatory environment for pharmaceutical and biotech product advertising and promotion continues to challenge industry and evolves almost daily. Join this webcast, where a former FDA advertising and promotion leader will provide both an overview of ad-promo and insight into hot topics including: analyzing recent FDA guidances and enforcement actions, and highlighting industry trends in promotional tactics.
Learning Levels: Basic and Intermediate
Upon the webcast's conclusion, you will be able to:
- Understand the current trends affecting drug and biologic advertising and promotion and how to manage risk in your organization
- Understand and apply the lessons learned from recent FDA enforcement actions
- Identify the issues on which FDA is focusing
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone involved in drug and biologic advertising and promotion
- Regulatory professionals and consultants
- Compliance specialists
- Food and drug lawyers
- Marketing representatives and their advertising agencies
- Medical communications professionals
- Corporate affairs professionals
Glenn N. Byrd, MBA, RAC, senior director, regulatory affairs, Specialty Care Promotional Regulatory Affairs, AstraZeneca
Glenn N. Byrd heads the AstraZeneca Specialty Care Promotional Regulatory Affairs (PRA) team. He has more than 25 years of regulatory experience including more than 10 years at the US Food and Drug Administration in both the Center for Devices and Radiological Health as a device reviewer and at the Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research as head of the Advertising and Promotional Labeling Branch. Byrd’s industry experience has focused on advertising and promotional compliance, regulatory strategy, clinical trial design and management in consulting firms and CROs, combination products and medical devices. He holds an MBA from Hood College.