Posted 11 January 2017
By Zachary Brousseau
The 2017 term for the RAPS board of directors of began officially on 1 January. For the new term, Todd Chermak of Abbott Established Pharmaceuticals takes over as chairman.
“I am extremely proud to serve as chairman of the RAPS board of directors,” said Chermak. “RAPS plays an important role in helping regulatory professionals effectively perform their critically important jobs and in promoting regulatory excellence at all levels. I look forward to playing a key role in helping RAPS strengthen its position as the premier regulatory professional organization and continually seek out ways to better serve our members and the global regulatory community.”
In addition, Susumu Nozawa of BD assumes the role of president; Don Boyer, formerly of Health Canada and currently of BOYER@RegulatorySolns, steps in as president-elect; and Salma Michor of Michor Consulting e.U, continues to serve as treasurer. Two new directors also have joined the board: Gert Bos of Qserve Group and Michael Morton of Medtronic.
RAPS thanks the two departing board members for their service: past chairman, Martha A. Brumfield of the Critical Path Institute, and longtime director and volunteer, Robert Yocher of HeartWare Inc.
The nomination period for RAPS’ next board president-elect and up to four director openings for the 2018–2020 board term will begin 1 March. Nominations and supporting materials will be due 31 March. More information on the nomination process will be available in the coming weeks.
The complete list of the 2017 RAPS board officers and directors follows below:
Chairman of the Board
- Todd Chermak, RPh, PhD, divisional vice president of Innovation & Development, Abbott Established Pharmaceuticals
- Susumu Nozawa, RAC, FRAPS, director of corporate regulatory affairs for the Japan region, BD
- Don Boyer, BSc, RAC, FRAPS, owner and president, BOYER@RegulatorySolns
- Salma Michor, PhD, MSc, MBA, CMgr, RAC, founder and CEO of Michor Consulting e.U
- Gert Bos, PhD, FRAPS, executive director and partner, Qserve Group
- Paul Brooks, executive director, RAPS
- Glenn N. Byrd, MBA, RAC, senior director, promotional regulatory affairs, AstraZeneca
- David E. Chadwick, PhD, RAC, FRAPS, director of regulatory affairs and regulatory science, Cook Inc.
- Raina Dauria, MS, RAC, vice president of regulatory affairs, Ethicon Biosurgery
- Jethro Ekuta, DVM, PhD, RAC, FRAPS, vice president and head of regulatory affairs North America, Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc.
- Laila Gurney, MSc, RAC, executive, regulatory affairs, GE Healthcare
- Michael Morton, RAC, FRAPS, vice president for corporate regulatory affairs, Medtronic Inc.
- Judith Smith, MS, MT (ASCP), vice president of in vitro diagnostics and quality within Precision for Medicine’s translational and regulatory sciences practice
- Edward Tabor, MD, vice president, regulatory affairs North America, Fresenius Kabi